Upgraded yesterday. Did some dim light shooting. Got convinced that +5 correction for my FA 31 may be dialed back to 0. Found one book on my bookshelf that makes my K-5 behave unevenly. The center sensor would focus on the book in dim light only in horizontal position and wouldn't do so if camera is held vertically. One of the off-center sensors that I tried was fine though.

Since I wasn't too bothered by AF as it were, I'd say I don't observe any steps back so far. It also seems that it is focusing slightly more confidently now, although this is purely subjective observation.

Boris