On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 2:30 AM, mike wilson <m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Bet it's your power supply.  Try to find an online power calculator to see
> what your configuration needs.

Good idea... here is the one that I use:
http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
As it notes, PSU output diminishes as the capacitors age. I would
always be suspicious of an elderly power supply.

BTW, Walt, if you're not getting any video output (no BIOS messages
etc.) then you can safely rule out the operating system (Win XP) and
drivers. You're not getting to the point where they would be relevant.