Well I have driven through there .. as I crossed the big muddy on route 2 back in ... um... 1993? I think... but I think there is another location as well as that particular rendering of the Paul a blue doesn't look familiar. Have seen gorillas elswhere , and a lot more tasteless beasts and statuary - there is someone's photo book about roadside
attractions (of the sort that makes them all oxymorons)

ann

Daniel J. Matyola wrote:

Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox are in Bemidji, MN:

http://www.visitbemidji.com/bemidji/paulbabe.html

O didn't make that connection at the time, since it reminded me of a
local computer store that put a large gorilla on the sidewalk outside
of its store to attract attention.

In any event, I had to get close to include the bathing suit, which
was not visible from the highway.

Dan