> Well I have driven through there .. as I crossed the big muddy on route
> 2 back in ... um... 1993?  I think...  but I think there is
> another location as well  as that particular rendering of the Paul a
> blue doesn't look familiar.
>
> Have seen gorillas elswhere , and a lot more tasteless beasts and
> statuary - there is someone's photo book about roadside
> attractions (of the sort that makes them all oxymorons)
>
> ann

You're looking at them from the wrong perspective, ann. If they were in
India or Africa or some such place you'd probably be thrilled to bits with
them. They are tribal culture. It just happens to be one of your own tribes.

Look at the magnificent new totem we've just acquired

then read what the critics have to say about it, and its patron.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12957319