On Apr 7, 2011, at 3:21 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2011, at 5:05 PM, Jeffery Johnson wrote:
>
>> I really like the B&W and this might be me personally but really would be
>> nice to leave the color of his eye in the B&W.
>
> I just tried it on the iris, and in short, the color was too subtle for it to
> make much of a difference.
>
> I then tried it on the whole eye, and the effect is quite disturbing. The
> subject being a fairly close friend of mine may be why I dislike the effect.

I looked at it again this morning, and decided to upload it anyways:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/5597881633/in/set-72157626444704090/

That type of photo manipulation isn't my normal style, which I guess is a good
reason to try it.  And I forgot to thank you for the suggestion. Suggestions
for things that I wouldn't normally do is exactly the reason that I post photos
to the list.

I think my favorite version of the photo is still the plain B&W.