2011/4/7 Bill Owens <wmbow...@gmail.com>:

> Our power went off at about 1:00 am Tuesday morning.

It is kinda weird when you think about it. I had a short term blackout
today. From about 1:30 to 2:00 am in the morning the power went out in
the entire town because of the defect at the local electrical
substation.

I think everybody was worried about it because no one knew what will
happend next on the day before I was reading an article about that
Germany is not well prepared for a long term blackout (long term
meaning several weeks).

The weird thing is, in those moments you really realize how depended
you are on electricity, the internet and communication. Which all
would not work with out energy.

So I'm glad that you are okay. I hope the power will be restored soon.

Thomas