On 4/27/11 1:48 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
Looks like Time Warner Road-Runner has ended up on some kind of black list
again. I have not received anything from the list since Friday, April 22.

I have re-subscribed using one of my alternate email accounts.

I've had a note from Ann Sanfedele that she is also not receiving list emails
and she subscribes directly to the list, so it appears to be affecting
Road-Runner in general and not just the list digests I subscribe to.

Some Road Runner and Comcast subscribers have been affected by an apparent pissing match between Trend Micro and The Planet. Trend Micro listed a range of addresses as spam farms, and we got caught up in the net.

The damage seems to be regional; I am a Road Runner subscriber, but the only thing I've noticed is a slight delay, which leads me to conclude, maybe erroneously, that different areas of the companies give differing weight to the RBL service Trend Micro supplies. My typing this opinion pretty much guarantees I will never get another email, I bet.

I have been in contact with Comcast, Road Runner, Trend Micro, and our hosting service, EMWD, about this issue, with the following responses:

Comcast: "No, we don't have you blocked." This was followed by a mass of rejected traffic because they had us blocked. But, you know, not us personally. Just the address.

RR: "What?" I'm not certain how this will play out.

Trend Micro: "Go away. Call your ISP if you're not getting your email."

EMWD: Brian has been caught up in this the same as we have. He will be moving us to a new server (maybe today; I haven't heard back on that). When that happens we may have another small hiccup, then I'll be able to add the subscribers we lost back to our list.

I'm sorry for everything, and I hope we'll be back to our normal smooth-running in no time.

Doug