I bought a color laser printer a while back to print business cards. The laser printer duplexes and I intend to print on 110# Ivory Card Stock. I can fit two of the cards on one sheet.

My design is a two-sided, tri-fold card (3-1/2" x 6") with 3 small portraits on one side and a "fine-art" landscape on the other with room for the appropriate text along the bottom edge on both sides. It folds up to the size of a standard business card.

I created an image template in Photoshop that I can import into my word processor. I figured out how to import the template twice so that the images on each side line up properly. I export the word processor document as a PDF that I can print directly from Acrobat Reader.

I'm creating the PDF file on my laptop & transferring the PDF file to this computer that has the color laser printer using a thumb drive. Eventually I'll get my network transferred back here to Raleigh and will be able to print to the color laser directly from the laptop.

In the meantime ...

What I want to know is there anything I particularly need to do to the images themselves before saving them as a jpeg to import into my word processor? My first test run on regular paper looks pretty dark, with the shadows kind of blocked up.

Would profiling the printer help since I'm not printing from Photoshop?