On Apr 23, 2011, at 00:53 , David Mann wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2011, at 2:52 AM, Charles Robinson wrote:
>
>> When I take my card out to download files, I make it a point to leave the
>> door on the camera open.
>>
>> This way, I never pick up an empty camera and assume it's ready to shoot.
>
> I take the opposite approach.
>
> Because I only have one card it stays in the camera.  I download files with
> the camera's USB cable, then format it later when I'm sure all the files have
> copied across OK.

I maintain 3 of each size card. 8 GBs in the K-7, 4 GBs in the K10, 2 GB in the
Z-10 (only need two of those). One in the camera, one in the battery pack, and
one each of the 8 & 4 GB in a aluminum case I keep in the glove box of the car.

If I forget and leave the card in the card reader, once I notice the "No Card
In Camera", which is after a variable time and number of shots, I go for the
spare in the battery pack. Only one time have I had to go back to the car for a
card.

Chagrined.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

“ The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.”
— Kevan Olesen