On 2011-05-15 08:18 , Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
We have fox in our neighborhood.  I have noticed that the squirrel and
rabbit populations are no longer out of control.  That coyote in
Paul's image is an entirely different matter.  Those critters can be
very dangerous to pets, children and even adults.

that was my coyote (alas), and while our squirrel population has "coincidentally" withered since the coyote turned up, we are doing our best to haze the coyote away before it eats another cat (all our cats are indoors meantime)

unfortunately it seems quite habituated to humans, so it's probably just somewhere else in the neighborhood

When we were in Yellowstone, the Rangers reported that the coyote
problem virtually disappears after wolves were reintroduce into the
park.

i'll place a call on Monday to see if we can get wolves reintroduced to Denver pronto ;?>