On 25 May 2011 19:19, sky <s...@eftel.net.au> wrote:
> A guest at the club had a talk about this very subject so will pass one what
> i can remember of it.
> Apperantly, the sensors are very senative to IR but the camera manufractors
> put an IR cut filter in front of the sensor as part of the sensor assembly.
> All that is required is to remove that IR cut filter and you have an IR
> camera. No need to add IR filters to the lens once this is done.
> Most camera repair places can do this for you.
>
> I haven't researched this, only going by what this guy said. He has taken
> many IR photos with his modded camera.

You need to either put an IR pass in front of the sensor, replacing
the IR stop filter or put an IR pass filter on the lens. The later
gives more flexibility as you change change filters easily but negates
the value of the SLR finder.

--
Rob Studdert (DigitalĀ  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours