On 27 May 2011 17:49,  <s...@eftel.net.au> wrote:
> The guy was talking about unmodded cameras.No added filters in front of
> ccd. Some can focus through an IR filter namely cannon and apperantly
> pentax. Most Nikons cannot.

If they can focus through an IR filter then the focus sensor is IR
sensitive, not necessarily a good thing but useful if that's what
you're after. I suspect it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that
cameras can or cannot focus by brand as designs change constantly.

For instance my old *ist D was renown for being a "good" IR camera, ie
it had good IR sensitivity or a poor IR filter. What that meant to me
was often unpredictable colour shifts when shooting polymers or black
anodised surfaces under hot-lights. later cameras were far less IR
sensitive ie much more predictable in visible light.

--
Rob Studdert (DigitalĀ  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours