On 5/30/2011 02:11, Don Guthrie wrote:
Only flowers can brighten the gloomy day! Today is cloudy and cold the
way only an Iowa spring could be. I stepped out my back door just to
photograph something. This one brightened the day. I know flowers! I
had to add something to the weekend's collection.
This group always shames me to get the pentax out.

http://donspix.posterous.com/

Don, you certainly need to take more pictures and not just because the skies are gray, you know. Having said that, I might suggest something different. You see, the flower picture on the (most) uniform background is very well known motif. What about a flower picture on the regular background of other weeds and/or flowers but done in such a way that it still feels 3D and the background does not distract the viewer? It is not easy, but it may be more fun.

Boris