On Jun 14, 2011, at 2:49 PM, John Francis wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 02:46:42PM -0400, Igor Roshchin wrote:
>>

>> Tue Jun 14 13:48:28 EDT 2011
>> John Francis wrote:

> The sensor doesn't qualify the light hitting it by the actual wavelength.
> Some UV light excites the sensor at the blue pixels, registering blue, but
> gets filtered out of the red pixels.  your camera can't tell the difference
> between a monochromatic blue light and a mixture of blue and UV light that
> excites the blue sensor, but is blocked by the Bayer filter over the red
> and green pixels.

There's also the question of the display.

The evening I shot these photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157626084484859/

When I previewed the shots, all the pictures of my very purple hat looked blue.

On my display, the purple in Igor's pictures looks pretty purple, and the forks
and plates look pretty close.

Is it possible that Igor's display just doesn't have the dynamic range to
properly display the purple without tweaking the other colors?