From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of John
Sessoms
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 10:28 AM
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: Re: OT: Or Perhaps not as it is Photo related question

From: "P. J. Alling"
> On 7/3/2011 1:39 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
>> > From: William Robb

>> > I concur.
>> >
>> > However, a cheap, flimsy tripod is worse than no tripod at all.
>
> That's in the studio.  A  flimsy tripod with you in the field is
> better than a heavy tripod you left at the car because it was too heavy to
carry.

"A flimsy tripod with you in the field" is simply useless, extra weight to
carry. By definition "flimsy" won't get the job done. You'd actually be
better off leaving it in the car.

A tripod does not have to be too heavy to carry in order to be sturdy.
That's why I specified "good" is the same as "sturdy" rather than "heavy".

In the studio, I'd use a mono stand.

>> > Buy a good one, where good == sturdy.
>> >
>> > Doesn't necessarily have to be expensive, but most of the better
>> > ones are.

follow the directions.