On 2011-07-03 20:44 , Ann Sanfedele wrote:
That being said, I think I won't fiddle with it because when then mail I sent
out came back to me the HTTP line WAS stretched out... as it is
below.

yeah -- plain-text email has an option called 'Format="flowed"' (which is turned on by default in Thunderbird) where even if lines appear to have broken, as long as you didn't type a return, the lines will be rejoined at the receiving end -- assuming the recipient's email program is up to snuff

i don't use the HTML email composition features in Thunderbird, however if you are composing HTML email (as implied by "selctive font sizing") you should be able to insert proper links, rather than relying solely on the recipient email program recognizing URLs