On Jul 24, 2011, at 02:13 , Anthony Farr wrote:

> "Umbrella Today?" is my go to website for an ultra-simplified weather
> forecast and daily wardrobe advice:
>
> http://www.umbrellatoday.com/

Useless in Puget Sound.

No one carries or uses an umbrella unless they just moved here from elsewhere.

It takes a few years, but they adapt eventually.

Umbrellas are a semi-useful device that when you need it the most, fails.

REI will sell you the proper outerwear for bad weather. If it's not raining,
you can stuff it in your backpack or messenger bag. Doesn't break. Looks cool.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

The Big Bang was silent, and  invisible in it's beginning moments.
Photons were one of the earliest particles to develop,
but I don't think any were able to escape for a little bit more.
Once they could, there would have been a flash during expansion.
No one would notice, of course, for another 4.2 billion years.
Now we are trying to catch up by looking out, and back in time
to that infinitesimally small fraction of a millisecond in an attempt
to see what caused that singularity to become the Big Bang. This attempt
will fail in any visual way, as the furthest galaxies and elements
are now moving faster than light by recent theory, making the
information sought beyond a theoretical event horizon.

— update to the Pentaxian's thoughts on particle physics, so far.