Takaka is a small town not too far from Motueka.  The hill you climb to get
there is notorious for being steep and very winding.  My head was spinning for
a couple of hours afterwards.  I was glad that we stopped in a couple of places
on the way back to take in the scenery.  If you're into caving, the Takaka hill
is one of the best places in the country to go.

There aren't any actual photos of Takaka itself in here.  I should have taken
some.  It's a very... "relaxed" community.  To be blunt it's pretty much full
of hippies and beatniks.

Just out of the town is Te Waikoropupu Springs (usually referred to as Pupu
Springs) which is the world's clearest spring.  Not the purest though as
there's a little bit of salinity due to sea water being drawn in.  It's one of
the few times I've wished for a polariser.

http://www.multi.net.nz/pupu-springs/

Cheers,
Dave