Jim, First off, I want to apologize to both you and Wendy.
I had no intention of seriously offending either of you.  My
only excuse is that it was late I was tired and I have a
tendency to make connections that aren't apparent to anyone else,
(you can judge whether or not I'm simply hallucinating or not).
My only reason for this post was to comment on the tendency
I have seen on the Internet of people to claim expertise for all
things, whether they have a right to or not.

I do not claim this in this case however.

Let me recount the events as I see them,

William made an observation/request for information.

Jim replied with a bit of obscure and possibly useful information.

Wendy elevated Jim to the level connoisseur of this esoteric knowledge.

I made what I thought was a humorous remark on this type of elevation.
Obviously I was wrong about it being funny.  It was only meant to be a
little cutting and somewhat clever word play.

I responded to William's response while I was tired and only made it
worse.

I like to fancy myself something of a wit.  Sometimes I'm only half right.