>> On 2011-08-03 09:10 , Igor Roshchin wrote:
>>>

>> the Spyder 3 Express has an attractive price, but i'm put off by notes that
>> none of the Spiders read or adjust luminance; can anyone address how much
>> that might matter?

The lack of a luminance adjustment hasn't mattered to me, and I wonder if I'm
better off without it. I do the color calibration with the Spyder 2 Express,
and adjust luminance so that I achieve a correct print when the luminance
appears to be right on my monitor. The Spyder software does include a grayscale
that at least gets you in the ballpark, and I found that the default luminance
on an IMac 27 was also close to correct. I believe I'm just a little bit less
bright than the default setting, and I'm just right for printing and apparently
fine for web display as well.

Paul