From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of John
Francis
Sent: Wednesday, 24 August 2011 9:26 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Best 80-200mm?

I'm actually giving that some serious thought.

It's cosmetically in "KEH BGN" condition; it's had quite a lot of use around
racetracks, where there's a lot of concrete walls, rough surfaces, etc.
But it went back to Pentax in 2007 for a repair and tune-up (the internal
focussing mechanism had to be replaced), and it hasn't had too much use
since then, so it ought to be in good operating condition.

There seem to be several of them being offered on eBay at buy-it-now prices
ranging from $1448 to $2000.  I'd guess that would suggest that a fair price
for mine is probably somewhere in the $1000 - $1200 range.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 08:18:40AM +1000, Tanya Love wrote:
> Hey John, you wanna sell the 80-200? :-)
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 24/08/2011, at 2:39 AM, John Francis <jo...@panix.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 10:51:27PM +1000, Tanya Love wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey guys,
> >>
> >> I know this has probably been discussed a gazillion times over, but
> >> in your opinions, what is the best Pentax mount 80-200mm/f2.8 (or
equivalent)?
> >> Happy to go third party if it can be justified...
> >>
> >> Tan.x.
> >
> > I own both the FA* 80-200/f2.8 and the DA* 60-250/f4
> >
> > Both are excellent lenses (the 80-200 was my go-to motorsports lens
> > in the film days, and works just as well on the DSLRs).
> >
> > I've only recently accquired the 60-250, but from my initial
> > experiences I suspect it means the 80-200 isn't going to see much
> > use; I doubt if I'm going to need full-frame coverage (especially
> > for a telephoto lens), and modern sensors are so much better that the
loss of one stop is tolerable.
> > There's little enough depth of field at f/4 (for subject isolation),
> > so that isn't too much of a limitation either, and there's always
> > the 50-135 covering the low end of the range if I absolutely must
> > have f/2.8
> >

> > --
> > PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
> > PDML@pdml.net