Rob Studdert gave me a heads-up that the Ilford Manual of Photography is
still in print and in its 9th edition as simply The Manual of
Photography.

http://www.focalpress.com/companions/0240515749/default.asp

I have no idea whether it still has a large chunk devoted to large
format (I would assume that far more is taken up by 35mm, which was
barely covered in my '50s edition, and rather derisively referred to as
miniature format most of the time, and also they'd have to find some
space to squeeze colour film in there somewhere), but the good news is
that it exists and you might be able to find it at your local bookstore
or library.

-Aaron