Shel was an interesting guy with a lot of photography experience.
I shot with him here in Chicago and met him later in San Francisco
when Lynn & I visited.
I believe he suffered from serious bouts of depression.
He offered to do a photo critique when we were starting the PESO or
PAW postings.
It was a cringe worthy experience, as brutal as any art critic I have ever read,
and way 'over-the-top' for a friendly forum like the PDML.
Part of the charm of the PDML is that we know one another.
I expect a different level of photos from Bill Robb or Mark C. or Frank and
can offer sharper criticism.  With less experienced photographers,
it isn't so much criticism as encouragement.
Regards,  Bob S.