On 11/29/2011 12:05 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Doug Brewer
On 11/28/11 10:49 PM, Mark C wrote:
/
/I don't know what ever happened to him, but a grand PDML'er named Shel
Belinkoff once posted that we all talk about photos but never actually
share them and suggested that we post a picture every so often - and
thus was born the PESO, GESO, etc tradition. His comment sparked a
fantastic change to the list, back when. Shel used to also diss on
nature photography, often commentating that the greatest technical skill
that nature photographers achieved was using a long exposure to blur
moving water. He used to piss me off but I miss him - does anyone knoe
what he is up to these days?

Pretty sure it was our Cory Waters that spawned PESO. Don't know what
happened to Shel, though.

I did a quick Google search. The most reliable info I came up with was in 2006 just about the time I joined PDML. He was over on Leica forums tearing them up - posting photos he'd taken with a "Leica lens" and after they'd all gone Ga-Ga over them revealing it was really a 50mm Takumar.

http://theonlinephotographer.blogspot.com/2006/12/official-leica-m8-early-verdict-post.html

Seventh comment down.

Shel could be an evil, evil man.

--
Don't lose heart!  They might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthily search.