After sending the email below, I actually took a look at the shot I took.
Despite my condescending attitude, I didn't hold a lot of hope for tonight's
photos. I hadn't even pulled out the monopod and most were hand held at
1/20-1/10 second  (the last few were at 1/10).  I don't know if any are good
enough photographically to post to my flickr account, but a bunch were good
enough for snapshots for the dancers so I posted them to facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150553321359673.431335.653299672&type=1&l=e614f6f7bd

Every so often I have one of those "welcome to the 21st century" moments.
Granted the lens is moderately expensive, but even so, these photos were taken
hand held, with an entry level two model cycles out of date body at ISO 6400 at
shutter speeds that you just shouldn't be able to hand hold at.