In some ways, I feel kind of sorry about being such an asshole.

YO----MARK !

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Colen" <l...@red4est.com>
Subject: I'm afraid I was a bit snarky tonight

I recently realized that I haven't been photographing dancers much lately. So at one point, when I was at a dance tonight, I pulled out the stormtrooper and FA31 to take some photos. While I was doing so, I noticed some flashes going off on the other side of the room. A few minutes later I found myself standing next to someone with what was looked like a full frame Canon with a speedlight complete with fong dong on a flash bracket. It was not very nice of me to comment, "Ah, with a Canon you'd need a flash in this light". He said, "I have a 2.8 if I wanted to get serious", I just held up the stormtrooper and said "1.8, Image Stabilized".

In some ways, I feel kind of sorry about being such an asshole.

I was pushing the K-x pretty hard in most of the room at ISO 6400, 1/20 & f/1.8. I suppose the new 1D could have gotten shots with an f/2.8 lens, but I don't think any other Canon could have.