From: John Celio <n...@neovenator.com>
Sent: January 1, 2012 1/1/12
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: Re: The problem with modern camera design (plus cat photos)

Larry, that's pretty much what I was doing, though I think you got some that
are much better than mine.

Frank: I'm talking about the move-the-camera-during-long-exposures like
Larry showed in his reply, though I've always liked trying to get a nice,
centered spiral of lights.

Take a look at these two bodies:

MX: http://www.cameraleather.com/pentax/mx_grey_mbl.jpg
K-5:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/10x0920on235epk52.jpg

Now, I realize the MX's lens is not dead-center, but it's really close.
Honestly, this is a super minor nitpick of a problem, but it's one that's
gotten steadily more noticeable as SLRs and P&S cameras have become more and
more compact.

But, whatever. It doesn't matter. I was just feeling bitchy last night
because my friends ditched me and I was home alone for New Year's. Here,
have some photos of my cats I shot last night:

Serendipity: http://flic.kr/p/b5tZaX

Dr. Artemis Fuzzypants, Ph.D.: http://flic.kr/p/b5tY4H (yes, that's her full
name. Doc for short)

John