On consumer P&S cameras, it's one more thing to explain and
potentially support.  Since the vast majority of P&S owners don't even
know what RAW is, the manufacturers just don't want to complicate
matters. IMHO, that is ;-)  DSLRs, EVILs, and advanced compacts that I
know of all support RAW.

--
Steve Desjardins