I've done fine with a Spyder 2 Express, the bargain version of the Spyder line.
I believe Spyder 3 Express is the current version. It has limitations, but it
can match the color cast of my monitor to my printer with precision. I adjust
the luminance based on a grayscale and the printer output. If i tweak a file
until it looks just right on my monitor, the print from my 2880 will be spot
on. That's all I need. That said, I'd like to have the Pro version, so I could
calibrate my second monitor as well.The Express version only allows you to do
one monitor. The difference is in the software; the sensors are the same.
Although I use the second monitor  only for tools when working in PhotoShop, it
would be nice if it were an exact  match.