This works in PSE6, not sure about PSE5.

Counting the foreground/background color selection, look for the fourth item up from the bottom of the toolbar. Mouse over it and hold the left button down, you should get a flyout menu of several shapes to select. One of them should be the rounded rectangle. Alternately, hit the "U" letter to select the shape tool - each time you press "U" it will select a different shape.

-p