on 3/5/12 7:45 AMDavid Parsons wrote
That defeats the purpose of using Google products in the first place.

how so? how does web history benefit me when i'm using Gmail, Maps, etc.? by giving me better ads?

I use the history to find websites or pages that I may want to refer
back to that I may not have bookmarked.  And since it's a web based
service, it works on all computers that I've logged onto.

that's of value to you, but most people don't even know Google stores their web history