Thank you, Frank!

The Purina wall is one I've photographed dozens of times, but manages to keep frustrating me. The roof line of the building is extremely close to the top-left corner of that sign and it always ruins the image in my eye.

And the flag on the front porch was the very thing that caught my eye. That particular home has lots of interesting photo fodder on the property -- weeping willows, a duck pond, old horse wagons, old gas station signs, etc -- and one of these days I'm going to see if I can get permission just to wander around on it taking photos.

-- Walt

On 3/14/2012 10:15 AM, knarftheria...@gmail.com wrote:
Like 'em all, especially that "Purina wall" and double especially the front
porch. Such a slice of Americana! And you caught the flag just right.

Perfect!

cheers,
frank

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." --
Christopher Hitchens

--- Original Message ---

From: Walt Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>
Sent: March 14, 2012 3/14/12
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: GESO: Photowalk -- 3/13/2012

Hi all,

But for the extremely sunny conditions, it was the perfect day to get
out on a photowalk. So, for the first time since winter kicked in, I
decided to take the K-x and K1000D out, fitted with the A 50/1.7 and the
Promaster 70-300/4.5-5.6 respectively, and put them through the paces.
Here are the preliminary keepers from the afternoon:

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/sets/72157629581602575/

Any input is appreciated. I was just happy to get out of range of the
cordless phone.

Thanks!

Walt