Boris wrote:

> I thought that bitching was kind of allocated for PentaxForums crowds... ;-)
>
> Seriously, however, I can totally feel for you, Tom, because as you said
> in another message for your landscape work pixel count is most valuable.
> I thought by the way that you were going to get (already had gotten?)
> Sony NEX-7 which is both small and boasts the 24 MP sensor.
>
> I should point out that I recently had a change to shoot with Nikon D700
> + their top of the line 24-70/2.8 zoom and some high end flash for about
> an hour straight. The combo is amazing in terms of ease of use,
> reliability and predictably good results. The flash is outstanding. The
> lens is sharp. Camera is responsive and seemingly knows what I wanna do.
> I'm kind of not very fond of Nikon colors but I certainly can learn to
> work with or around that. The only real issue I am having personally
> with this gear is its size and weight. With my rather weak wrists I
> really felt physical pain and fatigue at the end of that hour fun shoot.
> The frames came out very good but I kind of crawled back to my K-5 with
> DA*16-50/2.8 (allegedly comparable gear in Pentax-land) and all of a
> sudden it did not feel all that big and heavy.
>
> In your case, I think that 36 million of pixels that are at least as
> good as those of K-5 (that's what it seems they're saying out there) is
> indeed very desirable proposition.
>
> Boris

The NEX-7 is on the back-burner. I ordered it from Amazon last
September and due to the flooding disaster in Thailand, production was
delayed. I got an email from Amazon in late March saying it would ship
in two days. At that point I had a different financial priority so I
cancelled the order. I still find it highly desirable for a small
light travel kit.

Thanks for the other thoughts.For landscape work what I need most is
resolution and accurate exposure.

Tom C.