On Apr 19, 2012, at 6:33 PM, Tom C wrote:

>> In short, are you going to bitch about the prices of gear that you don't
>> have?  Or go out and take pictures with the gear that you do?
>>
>> --
>> Larry Colen l...@red4est.com (from dos4est)
>
> I reserve the right to both bitch AND take pretty pictures with my crappy
> gear.
>
> Tom C.

And it is certainly a tribute to your photographic skills that you are able to
take such fine pictures with such a limited system! (;-)

My mother in her later years commented "I don't mind change; I just would
rather that things stayed the same." I believe that I take after her. All other
things aside - cost, value, quality, service, availability, size, etc. etc. -
I've been using Pentax gear since 1982. The only way that Pentax equipment has
even remotely limited my photography has been the relative paucity of long
lenses. And if they made fast long lenses, I probably couldn't afford them. So
as long as Pentax keeps making DSLR's I expect to keep buying them. For now the
K-20 suits me fine, I have avoided the K-7 and K-5 because of comments about
changes in the interface and because of a reduction in the size of the body. If
I had had a chance to see and handle these latter cameras I might well have
bought those as well . ..

stan