Ann - If it comes down to a choice between the two images, I'd pick the first.

I like the first one because it shows what the bridge is "bridging,"
but I would prefer the spires to be vertically upright.

I'm curious how you straightened it.  Did you just rotate and crop or
did you try to use the lens correction tools in PS or Lightroom?
Would one technique preserve more of the image than the other?

gs

George Sinos
gsi...@gmail.com
www.georgesphotos.net