want to do too much adjustment in PS -- kinda cheating for this kind
of stuff.

ann

On 4/27/2012 13:55, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Ann Sanfedele

I've been going back and forth with this since I got back from Boston..

Anyone have strong feelings about which of these is "better" ?
The first is as shot, the second is adjusted, as you see, to straighten
it but that necessitated a different crop.

http://annsan.smugmug.com/On-the-Road-or-On-Foot/2012-and-all-that/21847075_D88Ngw/1/1784705589_tGGrqst/Large

http://annsan.smugmug.com/On-the-Road-or-On-Foot/Random-stuff/2607384_ZTHNRm/1/1784699368_Jr32VmB/Large

Your waffling photog

ann

Since the black pole in the center (surveillance camera?) is a strong
vertical element, I prefer it to be straight up and down. The second,
adjusted shot is the better of the two, but it looks like you've
over-compensated in straightening the image and have the pole leaning a
bit to the left now.