Not a PESO as such because it's not my photo - I swiped it off Facebook.  I
haven't seen this in person.

http://www.multi.net.nz/rubble/

This is most of the rubble that's been created from demolished buildings in our
central city.  It's being stored there for eventual reuse as hard fill.  Steel
etc is being recycled and in most cases buildings are "soft stripped"
beforehand so the interior fittings can be reused or recycled as well.

They were planning to bury 5,000 tons of asbestos-contaminated waste there but
the decision has been made today to put it elsewhere after the local residents
complained.  I reckon we should ship it to Canada since they still produce the
stuff, so it can't be all that bad eh?

The pile is going to grow further as there are still some large buildings, and
many smaller ones, still to come down.

Cheers,
Dave