I just upgraded to a new iMac with 8gb of memory, and it is painful to use the
previous iMac at work (even with an upgraded 3gb of memory).

But don't ever minimize the capacity of software companies to make your brand
new hardware insufficient. Can you imagine if PhotoShop or Lightroom had to be
distributed on 1.44mb floppy disks?

Regards,

Jeffery
Jeffery Smith