I broke and lost a piece of the copper contact in the battery
compartment of my Spotmatic F.  When I had a CLA done, I asked to have
this repaired.  They lapped a piece of similar copper contact over the
stub that remained and soldered them together.  Has worked just fine
since.  If your good with a fine soldering, which I am not, you might
try this.

Otis