On 8/10/2012 7:40 PM, Mark C wrote:
On 8/7/2012 11:42 AM, Walt Gilbert wrote:
This little guy appears to being growing accustomed to my presence near the feeder. It won't be long before I can park myself right under it and get some great close-ups. There are others who visit the yard, so I'm considering getting another feeder or two.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/sets/72157630955110246/

Taken with my K20D fitted with the Promaster 70-300 f/4-5.6

And, yes, I've been told not to use the nectar with the red dye, so I'll go to plain simple syrup when this nectar runs out. I just assumed that, being labeled as "hummingbird nectar" it was OK to use for hummingbird nectar.

Comments and suggestions welcome as always!

-- Walt

Fine shots there, Walt.

Mark C.

Thank you, Mark.

I'm hoping to get more hummingbird shots this week, before they all skip town and head south. I've seen a ruby-throated one that I want to get, but the one in the photos I have here seems to have chased it away. I haven't seen it in a couple of weeks, or more.

-- Walt