Thanks all who looked & those that commented.

We were probably no more than 50 feet from the sea lions I shot.
He was in a group of around 20 seals and they were all very aware of us in the Zodiac keeping their eyes on us when they were on the surface.

Other than converting RAW to a tiff, setting white & dark point, a touch (less than 5%) of shadow reduction
& some unsharp mask There was no other processing.

We returned last Tuesday. Currently going thru around a thousand RAW images.

Back in the 80's we had been thru the Inside Passage on the Alaska Marine Highway (a Ferry) but didn't spend much time, mainly going from point A to B, but knew we wanted to go back an explore some.

We were on a National Geographic/Lindblad 'expedition' ship - 152 foot long carrying 62 passengers. We boarded the ship in Juneau, stopped for a few hours in Petersburg and left the ship in Sitka. They offered kayaks for individual exploring and had six Zodiaks used to get us ashore for hikes and from which we did photography. They did an outstanding job and I would highly recommend them to someone interested in the Inside Passage.

Obviously more images to follow!

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Sanfedele" <ann...@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: PESO - Alaska Coastal image

Nice grab, Ken --
and I just looked at the date - are you still there?? or just back?

shot from boat or shore? - damn, I hate you for being back there so jealous

ann