From: "Steve Cottrell"
Hi team,

Had a question from a mate - I don't know the answer but I told him I
knew a group of people who might ;-)

--------------

in your Pentax days, did you ever use an M42 to K-mount adapter?

...and if you did, did you have any problems with the adapter sticking
on the body or with infinity focus?

I've trawled the Pentax forums, most recommend the genuine Pentax
adapter which is expensive and hard to find - But, the genuine Pentax
adapter itself is by all accounts, not perfect...

Wondering whether to chance it with a cheapo alternative.

Any experience with this?

I have the Pentax screw-mount adapter. Haven't used it in a while because I no longer need to use the one screw mount lens I have (Vivitar 20mm f/3.5).

I never noticed any problems with infinity focus, but the adapter is a PITA to get back out. It's not really stuck. There's a little tab you have to release & it's kind of hard to manipulate.