You may be right.  Saw on the news that recently an employee in US was
dismissed after follow-up background check (many firms are (re)checking
backgrounds after Sept 11) found record of a bounced-check -- as I
remember, this happened a number of years ago.  (anyone happen to
remember the exact details?)

Otis