On 13 September 2012 01:07, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are also different market segments. There are people who can and
> will pay $3-3.3K for a Nikon D800/E body. There are people who will
> pay $2.3K for a Sony A99 full frame body. But I would argue that in
> terms of sheer numbers, there are less of them than will pay $1-1.3K
> for the finest APS-C body available. Now would Pentax benefit from
> servicing one of those higher markets? Sure, but not before they take
> care of their "bread and butter" class of customer.

The Nikon D600 FX format is $2,099.95 SRP,
http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Product/Digital-SLR-Cameras/25488/D600.html

Full frame is coming down and will continue until there is very little
dollar difference between the two formats.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours