Larry, I printed A3's from both my *istD and K10D and never had a
problem with resolution. In my office I have a picture (which is a
square crop of K10D's frame) that is printed on canvas having 40cm or
so (I will check in a week, when I am back in) on the side and it
looks fantastic.

I should say that 12MP of my Ricoh GXR are absolutely enough for all purposes.

--
Boris