From: steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com>
Sent: October 1, 2012 10/1/12
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: OT: Consumer Reports

on 2012-10-01 10:19 Daniel J. Matyola wrote
> The November 2012 issue of Consumer Reports magazine features the
> "Best Products of the Year."  Among the listed items are 12 DSLRs,
> including two Pentax cameras!

that's interesting and notable, and will get Pentax some sales

i'm with the rest in being very wary of CR's ratings, though; they package
their results so as to do the thinking for you, and make it hard to parse out
useful info from all their assumptions about the products and the people who'll
use them; the best product for their hypothetical average person is rarely the
right product for me

and that is before the outright mistakes CR often seems to make, as well as the
fact that they never dare to question consumerism itself; i often consider CR's
data for major purchases, but i also often agree with their conclusions