The widow of my friend who passed away from cancer last year asked me to teach
her how to use his Canon 5DmkII.  So, first of all, I need to figure it out.
When I was last at his place, we plugged his CF card into the reader on his
desktop computer, and uploaded his last files.
I just tried doing that on my iMac, with no luck.  It wouldn't even recognize
the card in finder.  I then found a USB cable, plugged it into the camera and
while OSX wouldn't recognize the camera, Lightroom did.  So I was able to back
up his last photos (and the last photos of him) onto my computer.

The CF card in question is a 64GB card.  Do I need a special reader for it?
Does anyone know the reason that the camera isn't showing up in the finder when
it is plugged in with the USB cable, even though lightroom can read the files?