There is (or was) a Vivitar macro 2x TC in both PK and PKA versions.
You attach a 50mm lens and you get a 1:1 100mm macro lens. I once saw
a comparison between this set up with a Pentax 50mm f/1.4 and the
Pentax F (or maybe FA) 100mm f/2.8 macro and the images were
practically indistinguishable.

Here is the review page on PF:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/vivitar-2x-macro-focusing-teleconvertor.html

Is this what you're looking for, Colin?