On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM, steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com> wrote:
> on 2012-12-06 12:52 Miserere wrote
>> There is (or was) a Vivitar macro 2x TC in both PK and PKA versions.
>> You attach a 50mm lens and you get a 1:1 100mm macro lens.
>

> and if 2X doesn't float your boat, i understand you can remove the element to
> make it a simple helicoid, which would fit your first question; i sold a PK
> version on the list earlier this year

I was the one who bought it, and your description is somewhat
misleading. The elements aren't made to come out easily. Removing them
means you have a helicoid extension tube, but no more TC capability.
Plus, you need to be good with tiny screwdrivers to get the glass out,
which I don't want to risk for fear of ruining the whole thing. As for
its teleconverting abilities, it's not very sharp.

Actually, if anyone wants to buy it, let me know. You can helicoid the
heck out of it if you want.

Going back to the topic at hand, I've never seen an A-capable
extendable extension tube (helicoid or bellows) that wasn't a one-off
custom build.

John