On 12/8/2012 8:45 AM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Tom C
A Nikon D800E with Nikon AF-S 50mm f/1.4G SIC SW Prime Nikkor Lens and
Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP. I still need at least one wide angle
prime and probably a 24-70 zoom. I honestly haven't had the time yet
to evaluate it much since I'm traveling weekly and the NEX-7 is so
portable. A shame, but it's only been here for about 45 days and I've
probably taken less than a hundred shots to date with it. It's one
serious camera though, and that's what I'll say anecdotally. I have no
reason to suspect I'll come to dislike it.

I've been looking at the Nikon D600 off and on since it was announced. Not looking to switch brands, but it provides a minimum standard of value & performance Pentax should meet or exceed.

I'm pretty sure that the D600 is one of the reasons that Pentax has decided that whatever they showed people like Tanya didn't get released this year. Just as I'm pretty sure that the MZ-D was not released in part due to the Kodak DCS 14n and Canon 1Ds being announced in 2001, well that and the execrable performance of the 6mp Philips digital sensor.

--
Don't lose heart, they might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthly search.